Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Future of this Blog

I am a graduate student in the History Department at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I started this blog because--well--I had to.  I enrolled in a digital history course and this blog was one of the course requirements.  I was also required to work in a small group to create an online exhibit.   The semester has drawn to a close and I have successfully completed this required digital history course.  I earned an A in the class, and while I'm quite proud of that, I now find myself in a pickle. What do I do with this blog?

Do I delete the blog?  Do I leave it up indefinitely and let the internet gods determine what happens to it?  Do I keep blogging?  If I choose to keep blogging then what should I blog about?  I already have a personal blog where I talk about my daily life, politics, parenting, and all kinds of other stuff.  So what do I do here? 

I've actually spent the past several days bouncing these questions around in my head and not coming up with too many clear answers.  The bottom line is I'm a writer, and as such I am deeply inclined to keep this blog up and running. 

I do, however, believe a name change is in order.  I enjoy writing about social media and digital history. But I can't write about digital history all the time.  Well, I could.  I just don't want to.  I'd like to write about historic preservation, museum education, and artifact conservation too.  Sometimes I just want to write about an interesting fact I've stumbled across. But I still want to write....

I think I'm going to keep this blog.  I like blogging about history.  I think some of you like reading what I have to say too.  So look for some major changes coming soon, and a few new history-related articles that have nothing to do with the "digital" side of things because I'm all "digital history-ed " out!

No comments: